We are looking for a passionate and creative person to join our dynamic team that is leading Žilina’s candidacy in the competition for the European Capital of Culture 2026 title, offering a unique job opportunity. The role of the coordinator for cross-border cooperation is to participate in the preparation of the 100-page application of Žilina for the 2nd round of the competition with the deadline for submission by the end of October 2021. The job position is thus for a definite period – until December 31, 2021 with the possibility of extending the cooperation in case of final success in the competition.
Type of employment: full time / part time
Start date: ideally from 15.3.2021 or by agreement
Salary conditions (gross): 592 EUR / 1 185 EUR per month (with the possibility of increase after the end of the probationary period)
Job description and responsibilities:
- Working in Žilina and in the Euroregion Beskydy under the leadership of the project’s main coordinator in a 7-8 member team, with participation in regular team meetings;
- Coordination of cooperation and institutional communication with cross-border project partners from Poland and the Czech Republic, including the city of Bielsko-Biała and Frýdek-Místek, the national offices of the Euroregion Beskydy, the TRITIA association and regions, other partner cities, etc. with the objective to establish future cooperation and sign a memorandum of cooperation by September 2021 at the latest;
- Mapping the potential for cultural cooperation in the region, coordination of cooperation with the cultural operators of the involved region in the preparation of the program and participation in the project, consultation of proposed projects;
- Preparation and implementation of a support program for the development of cross-border project ideas Accelerator Beskids; including information meetings, study visits, official visits, etc.
Personality prerequisites and skills:
- Ability to perform tasks in a given time and quality
- Consistency, precision, reliability
- Organizational skills, ability to plan and strategically coordinate processes
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Creativity and ability to work in stressful situations
- Experience and overview in the cultural sphere in the region of Žilina, Frýdek-Místek and Bielsko-Biała
- Communication skills in the context of a project that promotes civic participation, international and cross-sectoral cooperation
- Flexible working hours and space for personal growth;
- Opportunity to cooperate with prestigious regional and international partners and to shape the development of a large-scale cultural project with a European dimension and positive local impact;
- The work will be carried out in various places within the Euroregion Beskydy, as well as in a partial home office, the necessary participation in meetings once a week in the premises of the team office in the Žilina’s city centre;
- Business phone;
- In case of success of the city of Žilina in the competition for the title, the possibility of extending the cooperation for another 5 years of project implementation.
- Application for employment in the form of a cover letter or video introduction
- Structured CV
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of the selection procedure
- Proof of language education
Send the required details until February 28, 2021, 23:59 to the following address: OOCR Malá Fatra, Námestie obetí komunizmu 1, 011 31 Žilina or electronically to email@example.com. In case of any questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +421 918 472 444.
The selection procedure will take place from March 1-5, 2021.
English – Intermediate (B2)
Polish language – as a mother tongue or intermediate (B1) AND one of the Slovak language or Czech language
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) / Google Drive – advanced
Number of years of experience:
min. 5 years