We are looking for a passionate and creative person to join our dynamic team that is leading Žilina’s candidacy in the competition for the European Capital of Culture 2026 title, offering a unique job opportunity. The role of the project manager is to participate in the preparation of the 100-page application of Žilina for the 2nd round of the competition with the deadline for submission by the end of October 2021. The job position is thus for a definite period – until December 31, 2021 with the possibility of extending the cooperation in case of final success in the competition.
Type of employment: full time
Start date: from April 1, 2021 or by agreement
Salary conditions (gross): 1 185 EUR / month (with the possibility of increase after the end of the probationary period)
Job description and responsibilities:
- Working in Žilina under the leadership of the project’s main coordinator in a 7-8 member team, with participation in regular team meetings;
- Preparation and coordination of events (planning, communication, technical support, coordination of volunteers, etc.), such as public project presentations, exhibitions, educational workshops, working group meetings, conferences;
- Administration and budget monitoring in connection with the activities carried out in the preparation of the application;
- Coordination of team processes, office and operations management, calendar management, and support for team members;
- Communication with representatives of the umbrella organization in connection with administrative and financial processes.
Personality prerequisites and skills:
- Ability to perform tasks in a given time and quality
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work in stressful situations
- Consistency, precision, reliability, great time-management
- Organizational skills with a creative approach
- Ability to plan and coordinate processes
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Technical knowledge and experience in the production of cultural events of various kinds in the context of public administration and / or the non-profit sector
- Interest in cultural events and current challenges in the public and non-profit sector
- High quality of written and oral communication necessary in the framework of a public project, as well as empathy necessary in the context of creative work, promotion of civic participation and cross-sectoral cooperation
- Experience in leading a team of volunteers or temporary workers
- Flexible working hours and space for personal growth;
- Opportunity to work with prestigious regional and international partners and to shape the development of a large-scale cultural project with a European dimension and positive local impact;
- Work in the premises of a team office in the Žilina’s city center, as well as the possibility of working partially from home;
- Business phone;
- In case of success of the city of Žilina in the competition for the title, the possibility of extending the cooperation for another 5 years of project implementation.
- Application for employment in the form of a cover letter or a short video introduction
- Structured CV
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of the selection procedure
- Proof of language education
Send the required details until March 10, 2021, 23:59 to the following address: OOCR Malá Fatra, Námestie obetí komunizmu 1, 011 31 Žilina or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact us at this email address or +421 918 472 444.
The selection procedure will take place from March 15 to 19, 2021.
English – Intermediate (B2)
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) / Google Drive – advanced
Number of years of experience:
min. 3 years