We are looking for a passionate and creative person to join our dynamic team that is leading Žilina’s candidacy in the competition for the European Capital of Culture 2026 title, offering a unique job opportunity. The role of the program manager is to develop the program for the preparation of the 100-page application of Žilina for the 2nd round of the competition with the deadline for submission by the end of October 2021. The job position is thus for a definite period – until December 31, 2021 with the possibility of extending the cooperation in case of final success in the competition.
Type of employment: full time / part time
Start date: ideally from 15.3.2021 or by agreement
Salary conditions (gross): 592 EUR / 1 185 EUR per month (with the possibility of increase after the end of the probationary period)
Job description and responsibilities:
- Working in Žilina under the leadership of the project’s main coordinator in a 7-8 member team, with participation in regular team and program meetings;
- Development of cultural and artistic project proposals within the program line Flow of nature focused on art in nature, popularization of environmental topics, promotion of sustainable cities and communities, outdoor creative activities and cultural contemporary interpretation by local traditions;
- Writing program texts, preparation of project plans, consultation and development of projects with their applicants, budget planning and project implementation strategies;
- Researching current topics and trends in the region and Europe in the given areas and proposing visions for project development;
- Coordinating communication with project partners and managing a network of European partners – individually, in working groups or in organized workshops.
Personality prerequisites and skills:
- Experience with dramaturgical, curatorial or program development of cultural and artistic projects
- A sense of environmental responsibility, civic participation and cross-sectoral cooperation
- Ability to perform tasks in a given time and quality
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work in stressful situations
- Organizational skills, ability to plan and strategically coordinate processes
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience and overview in the cultural sphere in the region and in Europe
- Empathy and communication skills in the context of an international project and its comprehensive network of partners
- Flexible working hours and space for personal growth;
- Opportunity to cooperate with prestigious regional and international partners, directly shape the planned cultural and artistic program and the overall development of a large-scale cultural project with a European dimension and positive local impact;
- Work in the premises of a team office in the Žilina’s city centre, as well as the possibility of partial work online at the home office;
- Business phone;
- In case of success of the city of Žilina in the competition for the title, the possibility of extending the cooperation for another 5 years of project implementation.
- Application for employment in the form of a cover letter or video introduction
- Structured CV
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of the selection procedure
- Proof of language education
- References to already implemented artistic or cultural projects, or environmental activities
Send the required details until February 28, 2021, 23:59 to the following address: OOCR Malá Fatra, Námestie obetí komunizmu 1, 011 31 Žilina or electronically to email@example.com. In case of any questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +421 918 472 444.
The selection procedure will take place from March 1 – 5, 2021.
English – Intermediate (B2)
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) / Google Drive – advanced
Number of years of experience:
min. 5 years