We are looking for a passionate and creative person to join our dynamic team that is leading Žilina’s candidacy in the competition for the European Capital of Culture 2026 title, offering a unique job opportunity. The role of the communication and marketing specialist is to communicate the project to the public and participate in the preparation of the 100-page application of Žilina for the 2nd round of the competition with the deadline for submission by the end of October 2021. The job position is thus for a definite period – until December 31, 2021 with the possibility of extending the cooperation in case of final success in the competition.
Type of employment: full time / part time
Start date: ideally from 15.4.2021 or by agreement
Salary conditions (gross): 1 185 EUR per month for full time (with the possibility of increase after the end of the probationary period)
Job description and responsibilities:
- Working in Žilina under the leadership of the project’s main coordinator in a 7-8 member team participating in regular team meetings;
- Content management on social networks (from idea to implementation) and on the project website in Slovak and English language;
- Coordinating the production of graphic materials, videos and other promotional outputs;
- Writing articles or submitting articles to collaborating editors on specific topics, conducting interviews with partners;
- Communication with the media (PR articles, press releases, briefings, press conferences) in cooperation with the Department of Communication and Public Relations at the Municipal Office in Žilina and with the partner cities of Frýdek-Místek (CZ) and Bielsko-Biała (PL)
- Preparation of a proposal of the communication and marketing strategy for the 2026 year, submitted in the Žilina Beskids 2026 application;
- Possible overlap according to the candidate’s profile with the preparation of a tourism strategy with key regional partners and communication with potential private sector partners.
Personality prerequisites and skills:
- Creativity and the ability to communicate artistic and cultural content to the general public
- Ability to perform tasks in a given time and quality
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience in managing communication and marketing strategies
- Interest in cultural events and current challenges in the public and non-profit sector
- Copywriting and quality expression in written form
- Experience with involving the general public in the project and promoting civic participation
- Empathy and strong communication skills
- Flexible working hours and space for personal growth;
- Opportunity to cooperate with prestigious regional and international partners, directly shape the planned cultural and artistic program and the overall development of a large-scale cultural project with a European dimension and positive local impact;
- Work in the premises of a team office in the Žilina’s city centre, as well as the possibility of partial work online at the home office;
- Business phone;
- In case of success of the city of Žilina in the competition for the title, the possibility of extending the cooperation for another 5 years of project implementation.
- Application for employment in the form of a cover letter or video introduction
- Structured CV
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of the selection procedure
- Proof of language education
- References to published texts or realized media/marketing campaigns
Send the required details until March 30, 2021, 23:59 electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address: OOCR Malá Fatra, Námestie obetí komunizmu 1, 011 31 Žilina. In case of any questions contact us at email@example.com or +421 918 472 444.
The selection procedure will take place from April 7 – 8, 2021.
English – Proficient (C1)
Slovak – mother tongue
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) / Google Drive – advanced
Social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn), WordPress, Mailchimp – advanced
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop – advanced
Number of years of experience:
min. 3 years